Executive Director - Permanent - Full Time
For more than 50 years, Jewish Family Service Calgary (JFSC) has provided social services to individuals and families based on our values of compassion, social justice and improving the world, thereby strengthening communities.
As an accredited, not-for-profit, inclusive, non-denominational, social service agency we provide services, with dignity and respect, to individuals and communities, responding to emergent needs with innovation and collaboration. We provide Community Support Services (Basic Needs, Supports for Older Adults and for Holocaust Survivors, Resettlement/Integration) and Counselling/Education (Domestic Violence, Educational Programs).
We are a medium sized agency, located in Calgary, with over 20 staff and a $1.6 million budget.
We are seeking a dynamic, innovative, passionate individual with senior leadership experience in the not-for-profit sector to replace the retiring Executive Director. The Executive Director of JFSC, accountable to the Board of Directors, is responsible for the consistent achievement of the mission, goals and organizational objectives. The Executive Director’s mandate is to ensure the organization has a relevant strategy (responsive to community needs), and its execution, thereby ensuring consistent and timely progress on agency goals.
Key responsibilities include program design with impact evaluation, fiscal management, staff management, fund development, leadership to and representation of the agency, in order to best meet the needs of our clients and community.
The Executive Director will be responsible for the following:
- Motivate and inspire staff and volunteers to deliver programs aligned with JFSC’s mission, strategy, goals and objectives.
- Working collaboratively with the Board of Directors, provide guidance and perspective to the development and execution of the strategic plan, mission, vision and values of JFSC.
Engage in community development, with a focus on collaboration with partner agencies and organizations.
Strategic and Operational Planning and Management
- Develop and execute a Business Plan based on the Strategic Plan that includes performance measurements, articulates agency impact, fiscal integrity, risk assessment and clear reporting to funders, donors, stakeholders and the Board of Directors.
- Ensure the efficient and effective day-to-day operations of the Agency
- Develop (with the Board of Directors), direct and maintain policies, procedures, standards and practices in compliance with laws and contractual obligations.
Public Relations, Community Development, Engagement and Collaboration
- Establish effective working relationships, partnerships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, associations, business leaders, funders, government and other organizations to support community engagement.
- Accountable for ensuring the development and execution of a communications and marketing plan for the Agency.
Human Resources Planning and Management
Ensure relevant organization design and human resources in order to provide the best and cost effective delivery of services, including an effective framework for Human Resources Management.
Revenue Development, Financial planning and management
- Accountable for the fiscal integrity of the agency, ensuring that budgets, financial plans and a fund development strategy are in place, executed and monitored with contingency plans developed as needed.
- Lead the fundraising plan for the Agency, working with the Board of Directors.
- Oversee, support the planning, implementation and evaluation of all fundraising activities.
- Help cultivate, solicit and steward major donors
A proven track record of success as a leader of a not-for-profit organization with 5-10 year’s leadership experience.
Demonstrated capacity to develop and maintain positive relationships with outside stakeholders.
Experience working with vulnerable and marginalized populations and communities is an asset.
Able to work at a strategic and operational level.
Degree or Diploma in Social Services or related field and/or Business Administration.
Personal characteristics: dynamic, strong and effective communicator, innovative, forward-thinking, flexible, organized, analytical, decisive and capable of effectively managing multiple demands.
Proven experience leading staff and volunteers, with human resource practices, fiscal management, program design and impact evaluation, fund development, strategic and business planning and collaboration with other stakeholders.
An understanding of Jewish community, culture, values and traditions.
We offer a Competitive Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and a complete benefit package.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Hiring Committee at email@example.com
Closing Date: September 11, 2017
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not contact the JFSC office.