Part-time Shalom Bayit Coordinator (Domestic Violence Support and Prevention)
We are in search of a qualified part-time coordinator to join our team. This role involves providing information, support, and advocacy to persons experiencing domestic violence, as well as providing preventative and capacity-building programming. The work is done both in our office and in the community.
- Bachelors degree in Social Work or related field
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team
- Knowledge of, or openness to learn about Jewish culture and traditions
- Educational and group programming experience
- Experience working with domestic violence, crisis response, and risk assessment
- Comfort with the topic areas of childhood sexual abuse, trauma, bullying, and domestic violence
- Ability to keep accurate client records, statistics, and provide case management
- Successful Security Checks
- Vehicle and clean driving abstract
- Speaking a second language; Hebrew or Russian preferably
JFSC works to strengthen individuals, families and community through Jewish traditions and values. We work in a holistic and client-centered way providing our clients access to many services under one roof. We are a non-denominational, not-for-profit agency with over 50 years’ experience providing quality services.
Please submit resume’ and cover letter to Megan MacLeod at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 403.287.3735
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This posting will remain open until February 21, 2018.
Claims Conference Home Care Program - Support Worker
JFSC is looking for compassionate, gentle caregivers with a passion for the elderly. We will be providing care to Holocaust Survivors so they are able to continue living comfortably and independently in their own home. Responsibility, compassion, time management, trustworthiness, and Russian language fluency are the key traits we are looking for.
- Personal Support Worker Certificate/Diploma or foreign credentials in the health/social service fields an asset.
- Previous caregiver / Support worker experience
- Previous experience working with older adults
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Good oral and written communication skills – Russian language an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills
- Access to a vehicle and Class 5 License
- Clean Police Check and Drivers Abstract
Meal preparation, light housekeeping, grocery shopping and medical appointment accompaniment, socialization activities and personal care.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.