Volunteer Treasurer - Board of Directors
- Chair the Finance Committee meetings and report the findings to the Board of Directors
- Monitor the ongoing financial operation of agency in compliance with Canadian GAAP and IFRS principles
- Attend ad hoc Executive Committee and Board of Directors meetings as a voting member
- Report the financial status of the agency to the community at the Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Assist the Executive Director with annual budgeting process and ensuring solid financial controls
- Liaise with the agency’s auditors during the annual audit
- Ensure compliance with CRA tax regulations for NFP entities
- Help manage the agency’s reserve fund in accordance with bylaws and investment policy statement
- Assures compliance with all regulatory requirements pertaining to financial operations, taxation, gift acceptance and recording and other matters
Time commitment: 4-6 hours per month by attending 1-2 meetings
- Undergraduate degree in Business; Accounting or Finance
- CPA designation required
- 8-10 years experience in private or public practice with past audit and reporting to senior management or board of director experience
- Experience in dealing with NFP entities whether through audit, board tenure, or CRA tax rules and regulations
How to Apply
Please submit CV to Max Feldman, Board Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all volunteer applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
JFSC is currently looking for Friendly Companions. We are seeking passionate volunteers who are interested in visiting with adults, who are looking to engage in community activities, and develop and maintain social connections.
Monthly or bi-weekly volunteers required to deliver food hampers or Shabbat Packages to members of the community.
We need volunteers with a vehicle who can help us stock Miriam's Well food pantry by picking up boxes of groceries at the Calgary Food Bank, once a week for a couple of hours. Heavy lifting may be required.
We also need a volunteer to collect our Fresh Produce from Chongo's Market on Sunday, bi-monthly.
If you're passionate about what you do, please share it with the residents of the Beverly and Chinook seniors residences. We are in need of artists, dancers, singers, readers, speakers who could commit to perform/present once every two months, no long-term commitment is required.
The following volunteer positions are also available:
- Friendly visitors for Seniors and community members who are ill.
- Snow Angel for a senior in the community (for the winter)
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 403-287-3510 or e-mail email@example.com