Our Older Adult Outreach Team supports seniors to connect with programs and services that promote healthy aging, community inclusion and independence. JFSC Outreach Team works to address the unique needs of every senior with the goal of successful aging in place.
JFSC Older Adult Outreach team provides:
- Information, referral, and access to community services to assist with food security; housing, transportation and health care;
- Advocacy and emotional support;
- Support to complete forms and applications for government benefits and income programs;
- Connection to community groups and activities, and;
- Education and health promotion.
Our intake is done through The Way In (http://thewayincalgary.ca/), a collaboration of Calgary-based agencies who work to provide support and services for older adults and their families. Outreach workers provide support to older adults in various settings including in client homes, hospitals, long-term care facilities and in the community.
In addition to the whole spectrum of general older adults outreach assistance, there are several specific areas of service that target aging members of the Jewish Community, including recent newcomers and Holocaust survivors.
To contact Older Adults Outreach Services please call 403-SENIORS (403-736-4677)
When in crisis, email or other forms of electronic communication are not recommended for getting help. Contact the Calgary Distress Centre at 403.266.4357.
We'd love to hear from you. Please be informed that we will respond to your inquiries as soon as possible. Please refrain from providing personal information via e-mail. We encourage you to call our office whenever possible.