Older Adult Outreach Worker/Resettlement Program Support
Temporary 1.0 FTE (37.0 Hours per week)
The Outreach Worker provides support to older adults living in the City of Calgary. We provide support for vulnerable older adults and newcomers living in southwest and southeast Calgary. The position includes assessing needs, planning and implementing interventions, supporting clients, making referrals and evaluating client outcomes. This position requires teamwork and an interest in collaboration and consultation. Our services are provided through a strengths-based perspective. We work toward preventing social isolation, alleviating poverty, preventing or managing crisis, supporting independence and healthy aging, and promoting inclusion.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Social Work or related field is required; eligibility for registration with the Alberta College of Social Workers is preferred
- Must be proficient in English
- Proficiency in Russian language is an asset but not necessary
- Minimum of three years’ experience
- Knowledge and interest to work in gerontology
- Knowledge of community resources and services available
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Case management skills and ability to maintain accurate client records and statistics
- Strong computer skills
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle required
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: July 31, 2019
Jewish Family Service Calgary strengthens communities by providing social services to individuals and families based on our values of compassion, social justice and improving the world.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in JFSC.